Our Smoking Cessation Program provides one-on-one counselling in a non-judgemental and non-threatening environment for our patients who are thinking about quitting smoking. In partnership with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) and the Government of Ontario, our clinic offers free nicotine replacement therapy to those who wish to participate in the STOP (Smoking Treatment for Ontario Patients) program.
The Smoking Cessation Program is delivered by the HFA Pharmacist in collaboration with your family physician.
What you can expect at your Smoking Cessation appointment:
Initial visit (approximately 45-60 mins):
- Assess your readiness to quit smoking
- Discuss the risks of smoking and benefits of quitting
- Identify fears and barriers related to quitting, and motivational factors that will enhance your success
- Explain the STOP program and complete the consent form if you are interested in enrolling in the program
- Complete a brief questionnaire to review smoking habits and past quit experiences, and to identify triggers
- Collaboratively come up with a quit date and quit plan
Follow-up visits (approximately 15-30 mins, as required):
- Discuss quit status and smoking cessation aids if applicable
- Discuss triggers and behavioural strategies to overcome them
- Plan for high-risk situations
Please call our clinic at 905-472-2200 to book an appointment.